Special thanks to Tim @

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The plan

I have desided to make a scale model of an Abrams M1A2 Tank.

I want to make this a resonable size so I have got my self a 1:35 scale plastic kit set to scale it of.
I have drawn it up in my CAD software and have now scaled it up to by a ratio of 6.5 to 1 which means the main body will be just over 1.3 meters long.
I am looking at cutting it's main chassis out of 4mm Mild steel and then skin the rest of the tank with 1mm mild steel.
I will upload drawing sof the chassis etc once i finish it off in teh CAD software.

I have also obtained an old wheel chair which has the two motors that i Will use along with 2x 12v 40Ahr battery's that will all fit very nicely into the body of the tank.
It also has a joystick controller and speed controller which I will use in the testing phase but this will be replaced with a ATOM 280 Mini PC so that I can configure it for video feeds etc from the unit to my laptop which will be used to control it all.

I have taken some pictures of the motors etc as well and will upload these when i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment